A man ate for days from a can of peaches until he found something in syrup.

A man has spoken up about the terrifying experience he claims to have had when he discovered a syringe hidden inside a can of peaches that he had been consuming for the previous two weeks.

Dave McKell explained to Nine News that he went to add the canned peaches from Gold Reef to his Weet-Bix breakfast when he discovered the syringe sticking out of the syrup.

“I noticed the top of it and thought, ‘what’s that white thing on the top and saw the full plunger sitting there,’” he recalled. “I’m not sure how it got there, but it did.”

He claimed that for the past two weeks, he had been eating out of the same can.

The man from Perth had purchased the 825-gram tin at the Coles location in Greenwood Village, which is located in the northern part of the city, and he had returned to the store to inform the employees.

“For starters, I’d want to see it get off the shelves,” he remarked. “I’d like to see it.”

He reported that the staff had requested that he fill out an incident report and that they desired to seize the can as evidence of the claim.

Despite this, he refused to hand up the can to them.

Peaches no longer appeal to me as much as they used to. It’s possible that I’ll pass out,” he admitted.

Mr. Mckell has stated that he would now have blood tests performed to see whether or not he has become unwell as a result of the syringe.

Nine News was told by a spokeswoman for Coles that the company has never had a problem with the company that supplied the product.

The product may be purchased at Coles shops for the price of $3. It is packaged in South Africa with local components and ingredients.

In a statement released by Coles, the company expressed its regret for the inconvenience caused to the consumer.

We are treating this situation with the utmost importance and will be conducting an investigation with our provider.

NCA Newswire has reached out to Coles for a further statement in an effort to learn more.


Similar articles